Click Here (Free Copy)
Kavin Bharti Mittal is an entrepreneur, app developer, and founder and CEO of one of the most used messaging apps in India after WhatsApp “Hike Messenger“. Kavin is the son of Sunil Bharti – the owner of Airtel – Biggest telecom giant in India. But today we will talk about founder and CEO of Hike Messenger Kavin Bharti Mittal, about his personal life and career. Kavin Bharti Mittal has launched two apps: “Appspark and Hike.
Kavin’s Education and Family
Kavin was born to a billionaire Sunil Mittal and his wife Nyna Mittal in 1989. He has a twin brother Shravin and a sister Eiesha. Kavin completed his master’s degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering and Management from the Imperial College London and Undergraduate from the University of York in Electronics and electrical engineering (2005-2006). He was a part of the college go-kart and cricket team. Kavin is a follower of Zen Buddhism.
Kevin’s Professional Life
Kavin did Summer intern at McLaren Racing in Summer of 2006, Google in 2007 & Goldman Sachs in 2008. He founded AppSpark in my final year at University (2009) to explore the possibilities in the mobile world. At AppSpark built Movies Now for iOS which was hailed as one of the best-designed movie apps on the platform. In 2010 He launched a sequel to AppSpark Movies. Now HD in 2010 Movies Now HD was featured on the App
Store as ‘One of the 10 Essential Movie Goer Apps’. Since its inception, Movies Now has risen to the Top Charts and has also been featured in many prominent online and offline publications such as The Sunday Times, Gizmodo, Smoking Apples, CNet and plenty
Journey of Hike
Realising that the Indian subcontinent is rife with opportunities for internet- and mobile-driven technology, Kavin wound up his ventures abroad and set sail for the Indian ecosystem in 2011 and started working on Hike.
Hike Messaging app is the cross-platform instant messaging app for communication on the internet. Hike was launched in December 2012. It was a joint venture of Bharti Enterprises and Softbank. It is a free software available on various mobile platforms founded by Kavin Bharti Mittal. It is one of the first instant messaging app made in India.
- In December 2012 Hike messaging app was launched in more than 200 countries.
- Within four months in April 2013 Hike crossed 5 million users and the company raised the funding of 7 million dollars.
- In June 2013 company introduced graphical stickers, there are more than 5000 stickers on Hike app
- In September 2013 Hike tied up with Airtel to offer Hike at zero data charges.
- In December 2015 Hike added 9 new Indian languages apart from Hindi and English. Languages like Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Bengali, and Gujrati. Hike aim is to break the language barrier across the nation and want people to chat with family and friends in their native language.
- As of January 2017 Hike has crossed 100 million users.