When someone visits your Social Media profile be it Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram the first thing they see is your over photo and Profile Photo. This is your profile’s headline, a big, bold banner image that introduces your brand to potential Social media followers.
In this blog post, we will talk about everything you need to know about the right size of all the cover photos, profile photos, ad size of all the social media images. Use this cheat sheet to quickly find the optimal sizes for sharing images on each of the major social networks. So, let’s get started.
Profile picture represents you or your brand on Facebook. This square shaped photo will appear on your timeline layered over your cover photo. It will also appear when you post others wall, comment on a post, or when some search you on Facebook.
Image Size Guidelines:
- Image Size– 180*180 Pixels.
- The photo will appear on the page as- 160*160 Pixels.
- Photo thumbnail will appear throughout Facebook at- 32*32 Pixels.
Cover Photo is your profile’s headline, a big, bold banner image that introduces your brand to potential Facebook followers. You can feature a lot in your Facebook cover photo: images of your product or team, ads, and promotions.
Image Size Guidelines
- Image Size- 820*310 Pixels. Anything less will be stretched.
- Smartphone Display as- 640*360 Pixels.
- For best results upload an RGB JPG file of less than 100KB.
Other Facebook Image Sizes:
- Page Post Engagement: 1200 x 900 px
- Clicks to Websites: 1200 x 628 px
- Website Conversions: 1200 x 628 px
- Page Likes: 1200 x 444 px
- App Installs: 1200 x 628 px
- App Engagement: 1200 x 628 px
- Local Awareness: 1200 x 628 px
- Event Images: 1920 x 1080 px
- Video Views: 1200 x 675 px
- LinkedIn profile cover photo: 1584 * 396 Pixels. This is exactly 4:1 proportion.
- Linkedin profile picture: Minimum Size: 400*400 Pixels and Maximum Size: 20,000*20,000 Pixels.
- LinkedIn blog post link: 1200 x 628 Pixels.
- LinkedIn photo share: 1200 x 1200 Pixels.
- LinkedIn Company cover photo size: 1536 x 768 Pixels.
- LinkedIn logo size: 400 x 400 Pixels.
- Business Banner Image: 646*200 Pixels.
- Channel Profile Image: 800*800 Pixels.
- Channel Cover Photo: 2560*1440 Pixels.
- Video Upload Size: 1280*720 Pixels. Video must maintain 16:9 aspect ratio.
- Profile Picture: 110*110 Pixels.
- Photo Thumbnails: 161*161 Pixels.
- Photo Size: 1080*1080 Pixels.
- Video to Stories: 750*1334 Pixels.
- Landscape Images: 1080*556 Pixels.
- Portrait Images: 1080*1350 Pixels.
- Header Photo: 1500*500 Pixels.
- Profile Photo: 400*400 Pixels.
- In-Stream Photo: 440*220 Pixels