Facebook is the world’s favourite social media platform. Having around 2.38 billion daily active users more than one-third of the world’s population has a Facebook account. Thanks to its popularity Facebook has also one of the best options for businesses to hit the social media market.
But planning a social media strategy is not that easy it requires a solid understanding of what each social network has to offer in terms of the user base, demographics, business results, and more. That’s why we have collected this huge list of Facebook statistics for 2019 to help you prepare your strategies to reach your audience on Facebook. So let’s get started.
Facebook Stats for 2019
#1 Facebook User Statistics
- Facebook has more than 2.38 Billion monthly active users worldwide.
- Out of 2 Billion, 1.74 Billion are mobile daily active users.
- 1.56 Billion people open Facebook at least once a day(66% of total MAU).
- Facebook has 500,000 new joiners every day, 6 new profiles every second.
- 95 per cent of Facebook visits are made on smartphones and tablets. Only 31.8 per cent of visits are made on desktops or laptops.
- Around 30% of Facebook users are from Age group 25 to 34 which is the most common age demographic.
#2 Facebook Marketing Stats
- More than 80 million businesses have their business page on Facebook
30% of marketers think Facebook offers the highest digital ad ROI
- Facebook is social media marketer’s favourite around 94% uses Facebook Ads.
- Facebook is equally effective for both B2C and B2B companies.
- 44% of consumers admit their shopping is influenced by Facebook.
- Successful brands post an average of 8 times per day on Facebook.
- Content generated by user page has 7 times more reach than business page content.
- Thursdays and Fridays between 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. are considered to be the best times to post on Facebook.
- Sunday and Monday are the cheapest days to place ads
#3 Facebook Advertising Stats
- The average CTR is 0.90 per cent in Facebook ads across all industries.
- 75 to 90 per cent of Facebook ads have images on them.
- Facebook has a 47 per cent year-over-year increase in ad revenue.
- 26% of Facebook users who clicked on ads reported making a purchase.
- Your ad link description should be 4 to 15 words as it is the most effective length for an ad title on Facebook.
#4 Facebook Video Stats
Facebook owns 24.5% of all digital video ad spending in 2018
- 71% of people have increased their online video viewing
- Marketers spend 20 times as much on TV ads to reach around twice the audience as their Facebook videos
- Mobile-optimized Facebook video lifts brand awareness to 67% percent
- The average engagement rate for Facebook video posts is 6.01%
#5 Facebook Demographics
- 83 percent women and 75 percent men use Facebook.
- 83 percent of Facebook users worldwide are under the age of 45.
- 39 percent of Facebook users are married.
#6 Facebook Mobile Stats
- 19% of time spent on mobile devices occurs on Facebook.
- 47% of Facebook users exclusively access the platform through mobile.
- People’s attention span decreases when they use mobile than desktop.
#7 Facebook Messenger Stats
- There are 2 billion Facebook Messenger users
- Average of 17 million photos have been sent through Facebook Messenger every month
- There are 30,000 chatbots on Facebook Messenger.
- 60 million businesses are on Facebook Messenger.
#8 Facebook Live Stats
- Since its rollout, Facebook paid 2.2 dollars million to influencers using Facebook Live.
- Users comment on Facebook Live videos at 10x the rate of regular videos.
- Daily watch time for Facebook Live broadcasts has grown by more than 4X.
- 1 in every 5 Facebook videos is a live broadcast.
#9 Facebook Connectivity Stats
- 39% of users say they are connected to people they have never met in person.
- Facebook is available in 101 languages, and over 300,000 users helped with translation.
- 42% of Facebook customer service responses happen during the first 60 minutes.