Click Here (Free Copy)
Previously, only big brands whose names everyone knew and celebrities who were famous worldwide with a colossal fan following could get verified on Instagram. It basically meant that you need to have millions of followers and a consistent account with a fan base to get verified on Instagram or you had to know someone from the office of Instagram to get the job done. But now times have changed my friend. Now anyone can submit an application to get verified on Instagram. Instagram has rolled out a new feature with its latest update on August 2018. Now, anyone can send a request application to Instagram asking to get verified. Does this mean anyone get verified on Instagram? No, everyone gets the opportunity to ask for one, but not everyone gets the chance to get verified.
After you reach the end of this article, you will completely understand why, how and when can you get verified on Instagram along with tips on how to increase your chances to get verified sooner.
Is getting verified on Instagram that great?
Being verified tells Instagram that you are an authentic person, brand or business. This will allow people to find the genuine you and will avoid imposters and fake accounts to use your name. Verified accounts have a little blue tick beside their name. Here is what your opportunity to request for a verified status on Instagram looks like.
What do I need to get verified by Instagram?
The first an foremost thing you need to follow is that your account must follow Instagram’s guidelines and terms and conditions. Also, your account must be,
- Authenticity: You should have unique original content on your account and only one account that belongs to your brand or individual.
- Public: This one is obvious. Your account has to be public and not private.
- Complete: You must fill in all details that are there in Instagram profile. For example, your name, bio etc.
- Notable: This is also important. You should be a well-known, well-searched for individual or brand in real life to be able to get verified by Instagram. Instagram doesn’t verify meme round-up accounts.
How to apply to get verified on Instagram?
Instagram has created a new feature for the likes of you and me to submit an application to get verified within the app itself. Submitting the application only takes a few minutes. Here is how to submit your application to get verified on Instagram within the app.
- Open your Instagram app and navigate to Settings.
- Scroll down till you see ‘Request Verification.
- Type in your details along with a photo ID if you are a business account.
- Tap Send.
Now, Instagram will receive a request from your side that you want to get your account verified. After the concerned experts review your profile and application, you will be given or denied the verified status on Instagram.
Will my application be approved?
Instagram is a platform with millions of users. It has just opened up the gates for anyone to apply for the verifies status, which means, anyone and everyone will apply for it. But this doesn’t mean that anyone and everyone will get verified.
How much does Instagram take to review an application?
There is no specific timeline that Instagram has provided for getting verified through this process. Since now anyone and everyone will probably send an application to get verified, it is expected to take a lot of time. It also depends on whether your account meets all the required qualifications to get approved as a verified account.
What to do if Instagram disapproved your verification application?
Even if you followed all the guidelines and still did not get verified by Instagram even after waiting for a long time then probably, Instagram did not recognise your authenticity and online presence. You follow the following steps to fix this issue.
- Promote: Promote your Instagram profile on other social media and on your website.
- Share: Share your Instagram profile on other communities in your niche for more exposure.
- Maintain: Make sure that your profile looks professional and aesthetic. This is more important if you are a brand that wants to get verified. Maintain a brand aesthetic.
- Username: Make sure that you have the same username for your brand all over on all social media platforms so that Instagram can cross-check and verify you.
- Link: Instagram gives everyone the option to add one link in their bio section. Make sure to add the link to your website in the bio section.
- Bio: The bio section is also very important. Write a strong and a solid bio in that area that draws viewers attention. Include relevant words and a compelling Call-To-Action.
- Flaunt: It is necessary to let Instagram know your contacts and connections. If you have a customer or a client who is verified then make sure to mention their names in your bio and sometimes in your stories too.
- Profile Photo: This is literally your brand image all over on social media. Make sure you have a clean and professionally aesthetic looking profile photo and not a shabby selfie that you took in a Bathroom corner when you were drunk.
After you followed all these steps and increased your online space and presence, resubmit your application and wait for Instagram to verify you. Ultimately, to get verified on Instagram, it is essential that you have a robust engagement and interactive audience for your profile. And only a winning Instagram strategy will provide a verified status for you on Instagram.