Google India officially announced the shortlist of startups that will be proceeding for second batch, part of the Launchpad Accelerator programme in India.
Google Launchpad Accelerator For Indian Startups
Last year, in July Google, announced the launch of Launchpad Accelerator programme, a six-month programme to concentrate on Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence startups in India. The mentorship programme is tailored especially for the startups using ML and AI to build solutions for the various issues in the country.
Ten startups were shortlisted across India for four days with a direct consult with experts and mentors from the organization.
The selection process
The selected unit of 8 to 10 startups receive mentorship and access to the best of Google and up to $100k of Google Cloud Credits. The shortlisted startups will receive the best mentorship ever from the giant search engine in the categories that include AI, ML, Android, Web, Product strategy and more.
The Applications for the first class was opened till July 31, 2018, and started in September 2018.
The kick-start of 2nd Batch startups
10 startups have been shortlisted by Google where they undergo a rigorous 1-week mentorship boot camp in March, followed by more events in April and May with the first class kicked off yesterday in Bengaluru.
The 10 Shortlisted Startups
1. Kaleidofin- The financial solutions company that integrates multiple financial products like savings, credit, and insurance to help customers.
2. Perceptiviti Data Solutions- The AI-based company that facilitates with payment integrity, fraud and abuse management, and insurance claim flagging.
3. Opentalk Pvt Ltd- This is an Indian app that allows users to talk to new people around the world.
4. THB- It assists healthcare providers in organizing and standardizing healthcare information to drive analytical applications for clinical and commercial data.
5. DheeYantra- A conversational AI for Indian vernacular languages.
6. SmartCoin- It is an Indian app for providing credit access to the lower and middle-income segments through advanced AI and ML models.
7. FinancePeer- It is a P2P lending company which connects lenders with borrowers online.
8. Savera.ai- The company offers services to map your roof remotely and helps you in deciding about having a solar panel with the use of chatbot-based to help you learn about the solar tech while enabling connections to the local service providers.
9. HRBOT- It uses AI and video analytics to find employable candidates in Tier 2 and Tier 3 cities.
10. Adiuvo Diagnostics- It assesses and manages a rapid wound infection through a device.
Google with an aim to increase the startup ecosystem in India.
Google with the accelerator programme thrives on increasing and helping startups to achieve progress in a short time with 1:1 mentorship from Industry experts and Google. The Launchpad’s first batch began in September 2018, and its first batch of 10 startups graduated in December.
Some of the startups who were part of the first batch of startups include Wysa- an AI-based chat therapy for mental health, GenRobotics, and Fintech startup Signzy.