PayPal, an international online payments system used by Facebook Marketplace and Instagram Shopping, is now made available to businesses of all sizes.
PayPal enables the new e-commerce platform to provide small businesses the similar access to that of Instagram and Facebook.
Bill Ready, EVP, and COO at PayPal, in an announcement:
“The PayPal Commerce Platform is designed to meet the specific needs of marketplaces, e-commerce solution providers, crowdfunding platforms and more by bringing together the most comprehensive set of technologies, tools, services, and financing for businesses of all sizes around the globe.”
The features of PayPal commerce platform
- It connects over 277 million active users.
- The platform accepts 100 and above currencies.
- It enables simplified compliance in 200+ markets with local regulators.
- Backed by AI and Machine Learning for advanced risk and fraud tools recognition.
- Provides payment services like POS, consumer credit for purchases, and business financing.
The e-commerce platform with these capabilities provides access to any size business like just like it allows for to the largest online retailers.
Bill Ready adds that
“We are at a moment in time where we can finally put the same tech and capabilities in the hands of all businesses regardless of size…
That’s our goal. We want to help more businesses get started, grow, and thrive in today’s complex digital world. It’s that simple.”
Starting now, the PayPal Commerce Platform is made available in France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
By the end of the year, the platform likes to expand to 40 markets.