Facebook is world’s favorite social media platform. Having around 2.07 billion daily active users more than one-third of world’s population has a Facebook account. Thanks to its popularity Facebook has also one of the best options for businesses to hit social media market.
#1 Facebook User Statistics
- Facebook has more than 2 Billion monthly active users worldwide.
- Out of 2 Billion, 1.15 Billion are mobile daily active users.
- 1.37 Billion people open Facebook at least once a day.
- Facebook has 500,000 new joiners every day, 6 new profiles every second.
- 38.6% of internet users have Facebook Account.
- Around 30% of Facebook users are from Age group 25 to 34 which is the most common age demographic.
#2 Facebook Marketing Stats
- Facebook Pages posts average 2.6% organic reach.
- More than 5 Million businesses use Facebook ads to reach their target audiences.
- Facebook is social media marketer’s favorite around 94% uses Facebook Ads.
- Facebook is equally effective for both B2C and B2B companies.
- 44% of consumers admit their shopping is influenced by Facebook.
- Successful brands post an average of 8 times per day on Facebook.
- Content generated by user page has 7 times more reach than business page content.
- Thursdays and Fridays between 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. are considered to be the best times to post on Facebook.
- Sunday and Monday are the cheapest days to place ads
#3 Facebook Advertising Stats
- The average CTR is 0.90 percent in Facebook ads across all industries.
- 75 to 90 percent of Facebook ads have images on them.
- Facebook ad revenue was $9.16 billion in the second quarter of 2017.
- Facebook has a 47 percent year-over-year increase in ad revenue.
- 26% of Facebook users who clicked on ads reported making a purchase.
- Your ad link description should be 4 to 15 words as it is most effective length for an ad title on Facebook.
#4 Facebook User Behaviour Stats
- There are an estimated 81 million fake Facebook profiles.
- More than 200 million people are using Facebook lite. The app for the slow connection.
- On an average people spends at least 20 minutes on Facebook.
- Facebook has 100 million hours of daily video watch time. It is increasing day by day.
- Users generate 4 million likes every minute.
- Till now around 250 Billion photos have been posted on Facebook.
#5 Facebook Video Stats
- The number of videos posted on Facebook has been increased 3.6 times than last year.
- Majority of the videos on Facebook are watched with without sound.
- People are more interested in Live videos than non-live videos.
- Video content has 135 percent more reach than photo content.
- Facebook has 100 million hours of daily video watch time.
- Adding captions to videos increases the watch time by 12%, on average
#6 Facebook Demographics
- 83 percent women and 75 percent men use Facebook.
- 83 percent of Facebook users worldwide are under the age of 45.
- 39 percent of Facebook users are married.
#7 Facebook Financial Stats
- Facebook’s net income in third quarter of 2017 was 4.7 billion dollars.
- Facebook IPO raised the third largest amount in the U.S. history 16 billion dollars.
- Facebook is the fourth biggest brand in the world with a value of 73.5 billion dollars.
- Facebook has 23,165 employees.
- Mark Zuckerberg is only taking one dollar salary annually from Facebook.
#8 Facebook Mobile Stats
- 19% of time spent on mobile devices occurs on Facebook.
- 47% of Facebook users exclusively access the platform through mobile.
- People’s attention span decreases when they use mobile than desktop.
#9 Facebook Messenger Stats
- There are 2 billion Facebook Messenger users
- Average of 17 million photos have been sent through Facebook Messenger every month
- There are 30,000 chatbots on Facebook Messenger.
- 60 million businesses are on Facebook Messenger.
#10 Facebook Live Stats
- Since its rollout, Facebook paid 2.2 dollars million to influencers using Facebook Live.
- Users comment on Facebook Live videos at 10x the rate of regular videos.
- Daily watch time for Facebook Live broadcasts has grown by more than 4X.
- 1 in every 5 Facebook videos is a live broadcast.
#3 Facebook Connectivity Stats
- 39% of users say they are connected to people they have never met in person.
- Facebook is available in 101 languages, and over 300,000 users helped with translation.
- 42% of Facebook customer service responses happen during the first 60 minutes.