With all the Cambridge Analytica and Facebook controversy you must be knowing that your every click, every view and every sign-up is recorded somewhere. Today we present you all sorts of interesting stats about social media sites and users, knowing the statistics behind the social networks can inform strategy and spend, allowing focused targeting of users. So let’s get started.
Social media stats
- Out of 7.6 Billion total worldwide population, the internet has 4.2 billion users.
- There are more than 3 Billion active social media users in the world.
- More than 64 percent of brands are using 2 or more social media channels.
- 81 percent of all small and medium businesses use some kind of social platform
- Social media users grew by 121 million between Q2 2017 and Q3 2017.
- A new user is joining social media every 15 seconds.
- Facebook Messenger and Whatsapp handle 60 billion messages a day
Number of Active Users on Every Social Media Platform
Social media business statistics:
- Social networks earned an estimated 8.3 billion dollars from advertising in 2016
- 40 Billion Dollars was spent on social network advertising in 2017
- 38 percent of organizations plan to spend more than 20 percent of their total advertising budgets on social media channels in 2015, up from 13 percent a year ago
- 78 percent of people who complain to a brand via Twitter expect a response within an hour
- 96 percent of the people that discuss brands online do not follow those brands’ owned profiles
- 91.8 million blog posts are published on WordPress Websites everyday.
- Social media content, blogs, and email newsletters are most used content marketing strategies around the world.
- More than 84 percent of marketers are using one or another content marketing strategies.
Social video statistics
- Facebook is getting more than 8 billion average daily video views.
- Snapchat users also see 8 billion average daily video views.
- It’s estimated that video will account for 74 percent of all online traffic in 2018.
- Pinterest has 200 million active users each month
- 31 percent of all online US citizens use the platform
- 67 percent of Pinterest users are under 40-years-old
- The best time to Pin is Saturday from 8pm-11pm
- LinkedIn has 500 million members
- 106 million of those access the site on a monthly basis
- More than 1 million members have published content on LinkedIn
- Over 3 million companies have created LinkedIn accounts
- Snapchat has 178 Million active daily users
- 60 percent of them are under 25 year of age
- In 2017, 90 million dollars was spent on Snapchat ads