Facebook introduces a new tool in India for profiles and Pages of candidates contesting in the Lok Sabha elections. The tool permits candidate profiles and Pages to create and upload short videos answering questions about their priorities.
Voters in the constituency will be able to watch videos from different candidates in a few weeks.
Official Lok Sabha candidates videos will appear to voters before polling day. The video facility is only for the candidates of Lok Sabha and not for the other members.
Through the bookmark menu candidates can access the video uploader on their mobile Facebook app:
- Update your Facebook App to the latest version in the app store.
- Tap the three horizontal bars present at the bottom right of the Facebook app.
- Swipe down and hit 2019 Candidate Tools. Where you will be able to upload videos.
The tool permits the creation of 20-second videos by answering the string of questions:
- Introduce yourself.
- What will you do to reduce corruption?
- What is the biggest problem in your area and what will you do about it if you are elected?
- What past achievement shows that you will do a good job as a Member of Lok Sabha?
Tips for filming a high-quality video:
- Record your video in the portrait mode format.
- Speak in the language you are most comfortable.
- Keep it small and concise. The time constraint for each video is only 20 seconds.
To learn more about it( facebook.com/business/m/candidatevideos.)
A member can upload original content and authentic responses to the prompts, by ensuring you have the rights to any content in your video. Do not upload any video content that violates Facebook’s Community Standards. Other candidates in your race will be able to see if you uploaded candidate videos. They won’t be able to see the contents of your videos until voters can see them on Facebook.