YouTube has now become the world’s second largest social media platform and third most visited site after Google and Facebook. People all around the world are watching more than 1 Billion hours of YouTube videos every day and more than 300 hours of videos are uploaded to YouTube every minute.
YouTube provides a great platform for every content creator to showcase their talent at absolutely no cost. But since it is available for everybody their are chances your video may get unnoticed by the viewers on YouTube. So, as a content creator you should know how can your video catch the maximum eyeballs and what does it takes to come on the first page of any search result on Youtube. After analyzing thousands of YouTube videos to better understand how YouTube’s search engine works we bring you the 11 reasons why your video is not ranking higher. Here’s what we found out.
- Comments under your YouTube video plays a crucial role in ranking of your video. Videos with higher comment count has stronger chances of coming on top.
- Longer videos significantly outperform shorter videos. The average length of a first page YouTube video is 14 minutes, 50 seconds.
- We have also analyzed that video views have a significant correlation with rankings.
- The number of shares a video generates is strongly tied to first page YouTube rankings.
- Video likes also plays a significant role with higher rankings of your Youtube Video.
- Videos that result in new subscribers have an advantage in YouTube search.
- We found a very small relationship between keyword-rich video tags and rankings. This could represent the fact that YouTube can now understand video content without the help of metadata.
- Videos that contain an exact match keyword in their video title appear to have a slight edge over videos that don’t. This means that including a keyword in your title may improve your rankings by a slim margin.
- We found zero correlation between keyword-optimized video descriptions and rankings.
- HD videos dominate YouTube’s search results. 68.2% of videos on the first page of YouTube are in HD.
- Even small channels have a chance to rank their videos in YouTube.